Spring has arrived and for some that can
mean yard work. It is important to remem- ber to be cautious while working outside. Here are a few tips to help you stay safe this spring:
• Put Tools Away - When not using shovels, rakes, clippers, or anything else that could injure someone, hang them up inside a shed or garage.
• Store Hazardous Materials Properly –
Yard care products labeled caution, hazard- ous or poisonous should be safely locked away out of reach for children and pets.
• Keep Chainsaw Blades Sharp – A dull chainsaw blade can cause it to kick, which can result in a serious injury.
• Refill Gasoline Carefully – When your mower runs out of gas, make sure to let the engine cool before you re ll. e vapor from the gasoline could catch re if there is spark.
• Goggles and Hearing Protection –
Whenever possible wear goggles and hearing protection when around powered yard tools.
• Clean Up e Yard Before Mowing –
Pick up sticks, toys, and stones before mow- ing. ese items can be kicked out by the blade and potentially hurt you or others.