What should I look for when checking out my washer and dryer?
The utility room is an often overlooked but all too essential part of the home. With the clothes washer and dryer, there are many
things that can go wrong, so it is essential for homeowner's to check it out on occasion.
Make sure you check:
• Washing Machine Level – See if the washing machine is level and firmly in place to minimize rocking during the cycle.
• Washing Machine Hoses – Check the hoses for bulges, leaks and cracks. If a hose is damaged, it is best to replace it with a good quality, braided metal line.
• Cleaning the Dryer Lint Trap – Cleaning out lint trap should be done before every use of the dryer. Periodically clean inside, beneath, and behind the dryer.
• Dryer Exhaust – Check to make sure the venting is unobstructed, undamaged, and the right length to ensure proper air ow.
• Vent Exit – Make sure dryer air is blowing properly to the outside. If it is not, moist air and lint can blow back into the room causing all sorts of air quality problems.
If you find a problem that you can’t fix or don’t think you can handle, call a certified appliance technician to resolve the issue.