Paint can break down and settle in the home as dust where it can be breathed in once disturbed. Soil contamination is common in the yards of homes in older neighborhoods.
To minimize lead related health risks:
• Regularly clean oors, window sills, and other surfaces.
• Fix surfaces with peeling or chipping paint.
• Get your home checked for lead hazards.
• Perform a soil test in order to gauge the presence of lead outside your home.
• Avoid exposure to lead dust when remodeling or renovating.
Whether it is having a professional come in to remove materials or simply getting rid of a household item, lead contamination can be dealt with in a safe, effective way.