When inspecting your crawl space:
• Make sure it is free of pests and that there are no signs of excessive moisture build up such as ponding of water or mold growth.
• If the crawl space has a dirt floor, check that there is a vapor barrier installed, such as a plastic liner covering the entire dirt floor.
• If water tends to accumulate in the crawl Noteworthy News space, your NPI inspector will likely recommend further evaluation by a qualified crawl space waterproofing contractor for the best solution.
• Avoid storing items in the crawl space as it may inhibit access for maintenance. • Another important factor in reducing moisture in the crawl space is to have the ground outside your house slope away from the walls of the structure. This is to avoid undue water seepage into the crawl space.
• Use caution! A crawl space can be difficult and even hazardous to enter.
Consider having an NPI inspector conduct your crawl space inspection. NPI inspectors are trained and experienced and take the proper precautions when entering and inspecting crawl spaces.